Sunday 6 September 2009

School Runs

Our oldest little chap started shool on Thursday..... what a day, wind blowing the driving rain horozontally across our path. Nonetheless, we opted to walk and arrived with all of us looking like drowned rats. We live in a large village and it has been disappointing to see just how many cars turn up to drop off/pick up kids from school. There seems to be no walking train and yet at least 6 mums doing the round trip twice a day from our part of the village alone. I know that many of these mums have smaller children too and maybe this is why walking trains won't work, but I can't believe it's not possible to get it working. Anyone out there got experience of walking trains?

1 comment:

  1. Today was warmer - my little one didn't even need his coat on over his new school uniform. Our walk to school crosses three roads - one with a pelican crossing, one with a lollipop enabled crossing facilitator and one cross roads where you run for your life. It's a town centre school in a densley populated area, but still (frustratingly) there are are lots of cars jostling for position on the little dead-end road to the school. We're sometimes rushing, late. Sometimes others are. A walking train would mean being so organised I'd be superdad - and I'm not a pretty sight with my underpants outside my trousers!

    ReplyDelete